Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fourth Grade/Second Grade Mashup!

     What a crazy couple of weeks! There was a snowday last Tuesday and a one hour delay on Wednesday. What a difference that makes.  Finally getting settled into my placement in fourth grade- such a great environment to be in! I just finished unit 10 in math focusing on reflections using mirrors.           Student's had such a fun time with this unit it was almost like we weren't even doing math! 
I have am subbing this week back in my second grade placement. Strange transition at first, but exciting to see how much I've progressed since the first time I was there! It was also good to know that I am able to switch back and forth and still be successful even when I have to sort of wing it. In second grade we have also started Unit 10 in math- although this one is about money. We started our first lesson in it today and it was a great success. Student's caught on so quickly, it made my job much easier. In Daily 5 we have been focusing on dictionary work and finding words. Students are given a work and they need to find it in the dictionary. They must include what page it's on, what part of speech it is, and its definition. However, tomorrow we are working on bold beginning for our writing. I have a fun set of lessons planned out, so I hope the kids enjoy it as much as I do! In spelling we are working on conjunctions. In social studies today students finished their Pysanky Eggs. They turned out beautiful- students were so creative with these. They all expressed their individual styles! 

I will update you on how the bold beginnings work out, as well as post some egg-cellent  eggs in my next post! 

Happy Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment